Pages

"Families are like fudge.....moslty sweet with a few nuts."--Anonymous

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco De Mayo!!!

Yay!!!  So it's Cinco De Mayo and of course being the festive person I am, I made Chili Cheese and Black Bean Enchiladas.  Or you could call them Enchurritos (Wes's idea), because they were HUGE and looked more like a gigantic burrito.  Whatever you decide to call them, they were definitely the best I have made yet.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  Oh well!  We also had the delicious and low-calorie Skinnygirl Margarita, which I looked for everywhere.  The website said it was at Kroger, but of course no it was not.  Then I went to this hidden, tiny liquor store way down in Greenwood since the website listed this as a location as well and of course it was not there either.  One day I decided to stop at this liquor store that is like 2 seconds from where we live and of course it is there.  Grrrrr!  Well, it was totally worth it because it is great, especially for a margarita mix that is low calorie.  We took the enchiladas over to Kay's, Wes's Mom's, to have them with her and so she could visit with Ella Grace, Wes, and I.  This was definitely a funtastic day hanging with the family and I look forward to many more days like this.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great day with my son, grandbaby Ella and future daughter-in-law. The food was delicious!!! I love mexican food...well let's face it, I love food period!! Felt like I was in Mea-he-co. Lol!! Can't wait to do it again. Fabulous Mother's day visit too! Lovely cards from all of you. Love you all so much! Oh yeah I can't forget to say Happy first Mothers day to you too Angie. And what a great mom you are! Ella is doing fantastic! Bye-bye

    ReplyDelete